In order to watch iON content on your Roku device, you must have a paid subscription, the iON mobile application, and an activated account.
Roku devices offer an alternative to traditional cable subscriptions when it comes to streaming content from various platforms.
The iON mobile application is free to download on your Roku device, but you do need an active subscription to actually access the content.
The benefits of Roku devices
Roku devices come in many forms, but the main reason why people choose to purchase these devices is to cut down on their cable costs and to make streaming content on other platforms more convenient.
The easy installation process and user-interface (UI) of the Roku system means that it should not take long or be difficult for you to figure out how to stream content from your favourite free or paid streaming services on your Roku channels.
Although Roku devices are not a complete replacement for traditional cable television subscriptions, your Roku device does allow you to add many “channels” to it, including applications from various streaming services such as, Netflix, Sling, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, and YouTube, that you can watch and enjoy on your television.
Is iON free on Roku?
iON is like many of the other streaming services except that it focuses on niche family-based content for households that may want to watch programming from countries such as Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Slovenia, Serbia, Hungary, Poland, and Sri Lanka.
iON endeavours to give expats living all around the world a sense of connection to their home countries through this television and radio programming.
Since iON also has its own mobile application, you can install this mobile application on your Roku television device as a channel that you can watch.
Although it is free to install this mobile application on your Roku device, you will not be able to watch any content on the mobile application until you register for an iON subscription, for which you will have to pay a subscription fee and that you have to activate on the application.
It is important to carefully consider the array of packages that iON offers, so that you can register for the subscription that suits both your content needs and budget best. Currently, the subscription plans offered by iON are:
|Balkan Super Package||$25 per month|
|Bosnian Package||$20 per month|
|Croatian Package||$20 per month|
|Serbian Package||$20 per month|
|Hungarian Package||$31 per month|
Once you have registered for a package, you can install the iON application on your Roku device. Once it is installed, you only need to activate your subscription before you can start watching iON content.
How to Register for iON
Once you have decided which iON package is the right one for you, you can register for a subscription on the iON website. The steps in this process are:
- Step 1: Visit the iON website on https://www.ion.tv/
- Step 2: Select the “Subscribe now” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Step 3: Select the corresponding tile for the package you have chosen
- Step 4: Click on the “New customer” button
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions and fill out the necessary information to complete all the steps
- Step 6: Pay for your subscription to activate your account and get access to the content
How to install iON on your Roku device
There is an official iON channel listed on the Roku library which makes the installation process quite simple and easy to complete. In order to add iON to your Roku device, you need to complete these steps:
- Step 1: Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote to go to the Roku Home Screen
- Step 2: Navigate to the menu on the left side of the screen and select the “Streaming channels” option
- Step 3: Select the “Search Channels” option and type in “Ion”
- Step 4: Click on the Ion mobile application tile when it appears
- Step 5: Select the “Add Channel” option
- Step 6: Wait for the channel to finish downloading and click on the “Go To Channel” option
How to activate your iON subscription on the Roku channel
- Step 1: Navigate to and open the Ion application on your Roku device
- Step 2: An activation code will appear on your Roku device’s screen
- Step 3: Call iON on 1888 768 3862
- Step 4: Type in the activation code using IVR and your account should be activated within a few minutes